fall

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More of a Journal Entry

This post will be more of a journal entry than some exciting post.... It's also a chance for me to post these awesome pictures that I am getting.. This week has been a little frustrating and stressful and today I realized that it's one of those weeks I need to write about and remember. Last week there was two nights that Cooper wouldn't go to sleep until like 12:45. After two nights of it I decided that it was time to take him to the doctor. Even though it probably makes me a bad mom, I was secretly hoping he had an ear infection instead of just not wanting to sleep.. Plus after three nights of not sleeping, I was sick... Well, it turns out he had a "yucky throat" and an ear infection. I was so glad that there really was something wrong, because when he cries like that you can't just make him stay in his bed and cry. Thank goodness I took him to the doctor and he finally slept Saturday night. Sunay we headed to Syracuse for our friends baby blessing. They struggled for five years to get pregnant with this little guy and we are so glad that he is finally here. We are so grateful for their friendship and the fact that they allowed us to be part of their special day. We should have taken pics, but of course didn't.. Maybe I can get some from her family. I felt horrible the whole day with this stupid cold I have, so on Monday Mike was kind enough to let me sleep until like 2 pm. When he got up on Monday morning, he found that the toilet downstairts had overflowed and the carpet was soaking wet. He ran the carpet cleaner over it a couple of times, but Cooper would scream every time he did it so he stopped. Unfortunately,there was a LOT more water in the carpet. So when I got up that afternoon I ran the carpet cleaner over it several more times and put a fan on it. Tuesday night it was pretty dry so we cleaned the carpet with soap. This morning we noticed that it was stinking pretty bad. Mike decided that he should pull up the carpet and check the pad. We should have done this originally since the pad was wet as well. We obviously don't have experience with floods. The pad dried quickly and now the carpet is back down and almost dry. And there is no stinky smell. My favorite part of the whole experience, and the moment that prompted me to write it down was something Cooper did. After Mike had moved the couches back, I could hear Cooper grunting. I look in the living room and he is pushing against the couch and grunting. The kid loves his dad the most and does everything his dad does. He was trying to move the couch. I love him to death!!! He is so funny. I wish that we had a video camera.... I had to at least post about it.

As for the pics-My sister called me last month and said that she has a friend that wants to build her photography portfolio. She wanted to find people who wanted pics taken of their kids. I immediately said yes and we started finding props and clothing. I was so excited because I wanted to get pics taken of Cooper but couldn't spend the kind of money I wanted to. The whole day was kind of a disaster. Cooper was in a bad mood when we got there because he was hungry and tired and had been in the car for two hours. He didn't cooperate AT ALL. The first pose was on the trunk and he fell off before we even started taking pics and smacked his head on the cement. Luckily the girl was super nice and my mom and sister were there to help. The way we were jumping around and trying to get Cooper to smile was ridiculous. Seeing the pics now kind of makes up for the crappy day it was. Here are the pics that I have gotten so far.... I just want to say LOVE THEM and I HAVE THE CUTEST KID EVER!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment