fall

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

*WARNING: Possible Boring Post*

Well, I haven't updated the blog in over two months and thought it was time. I am lame and never remember to take pictures of anything we do, so it seems like I don't have anything to blog about. I figured I could at least do an update and even if it's not interesting to anyone else, I will have a journal entry :). So here goes...


Michael-
STILL going to school. After this semester he has 33 credits left so the end is in site :). He has been working for Fastenal since last June and really likes it. He finally quit Edwards in December. He is hoping that Fastenal will give him some career opportunities, so that gives us some hope that after school he will have at least that option. He is still the Young Men's President and that keeps him busy as well. He has been amazing with me through all of the medical things I have dealt with lately. I think he is the most amazing husband and father. I am so lucky.

Tiffany-
I have been working for the City of Logan since December and like it. I really didn't want to work, but it was too hard for Mike to work two jobs and go to school. I was hired to do scanning for the city, but they haven't purchased the software so I have been just sitting at the front desk at City Hall. It's a little monotonous, but pays well and is low stress. Luckily, Mike has been able to stay home with Cooper while I am gone for the most part. I also found out that I have psoriatic arthritis about 2 weeks ago. Since late November I had knee pain. After it didn't go away, I finally went to the doctor in January. To make a long story short, after 4 doctors, 2 physical therapists, an MRI, an Xray, lots of needles, thinking it may be cancer for 2 weeks, and an enormous amount of stress and pain I was told that it was arthritis. I have a skin condition called psoriasis and for some reason about 20% of people who have this skin condition, also develop arthritis. I had some cortisone shots a few weeks ago, and it has decreased my pain immensely. I also started a medication, but it can take 3-12 weeks to be effective and has lots of scary side effects. Hopefully, I will learn to deal with it and manage. I figure, it's there, I can't do anything about it, so I have to do my best to not let it get to me.

Cooper-
This is my favorite part of the post, since he is my favorite! I love that kid SO much. Mike and I always talk about how much we love him and how we are so lucky he is ours. He is getting so big. He had his 18 month check up last week. He is about 23 pounds and 31.25 inches. He isn't talking, which is a little frustrating, but we are trying to get him to sign. He will sign please, more, and milk. We are working on other words slowly. He does say Mom and Dad. He also just started saying "oh no" and "oh yeah". He has always loved balls and that is really the only thing he plays with. Lately he has become obsessed with basketball. He freaks out when he sees a hoop and if you ask him to do his jump shot he will bend his knees and act like he is shooting a basket. It is absolutely adorable!!! His dad is still his favorite, but I guess he likes me too :). He does give me loves often.

All of us-
We have been SO busy lately. Mike's sister is getting married in June so we had her engagement dinner a few weeks ago at his parents in Salt Lake. We also threw her a shower last weekend. It was a "couples" shower and turned out really fun. There was tons of people there. It was a lot of work, but ended up cute so I was proud of myself. She is getting married June 4 in Manti and we have a family reunion that month so June will be a busy month. Mike's brother Robert is graduating next weekend and our other weekends will be spent trying to get the jungle the yard has become under control. Never stops :). For Easter we went to my parents and my sister came up from Salt Lake. It was a fun day. I got to relax and Cooper enjoyed all the attention and outside time he gets with my family.

Well, that's about all for now. Enjoy these cute pics of my boys doing what they do :).












3 comments:

  1. I understand about the whole arthritis thing. You are lucky it isn't your little guy who has it. My little one who is almost 2 has it. He just went into remission, but for a long time he couldn't walk very well. It is so scary to look back at the pictures and see how he used to stand. It was more of a squat. I also am "getting over" having a severe immune disorder that gave me some bad arthritis and it has flared up again so I am being sent to dr after dr. Hopefully I will get a firm diagnosis of regular arthritis so I can get some treatment. Cooper is quite a cutie! We are excited to meet him at the family reunion this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the meds they have you on do the trick. Cute pics of the boys playing ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get feeling better. That is not fun at all. I loved reading the updates though. It was not a boring post at all. By the way that second picture is soo cute! It would make a great hallmark fathers day card haha.

    ReplyDelete